Saturday 14 July 2007

Testimonies

I think that so often we have friends that we make as Christians, and we don't even know their testimony of how the Lord saved them!  It is so encouraging to hear how the Lord works in the lives of others, and I think it can be used to "build each other up" in our faith.  If you feel able, please share your testimony with us by e-mailing me (see the address at the bottom of the page....), and I can load them on.

Once again, the only place I can start is with myself!

I was born into the home of loving, Christian parents - which I will always be thankful to the Lord for.  They sought to bring us  up (myself and my 3 siblings) in "the fear and admonition of the Lord".  
I remember clearly, at the age of 5, having an understanding of the consequences of my sin before the Lord - that I was heading for a lost eternity if I did not trust in Him as my Saviour.  My mother knelt by the bed with me, and I turned to the Lord as my Saviour.  I clearly remember that it had been raining (what a surprise....in Scotland?!), and after praying, the sun had come out and was shining in my window - a reminder to me that the Lord comes in and makes a change in your life.  

I remember trying to live for the Lord at school, even at a young age.  Trying to tell others of the Lord, and invite them to Church.  When I hit my teens I had a real struggle to put the Lord first in my life.  The peer pressures of teenagers came my way to tempt me.  But, praise God, my testimony is one of God's keeping in my life.  My relationship was strengthened, and I grew closer to the Lord.  At the age of 16 I was particularly challenged in my walk with the Lord.  At a service in Northern Ireland we were challenged of the need to give ourselves WHOLLY to the Lord, for Him to use as He sees fit.  I realised that I had been holding back in many ways and needed to surrender wholly to Him in every area of my life - to serve Him in every way I could.  I didn't know then that the Lord would bring me to become a Pastor's wife (and I may have been rather terrified if I had known that then!).  

The Lord has kept me lovingly so far, and I know He will continue to do so "through all the changing scenes of life" as the hymnwriter penned it.

No comments: